About Me

My photo
I just recieved my Associates in Human Information Technology!! I'm currently an online student through DeVry University going for my Bachelor's in Healthcare Information Management! I'm married to my hubby Aaron for almost 5 years. Due to the Airforce we are stationed in Las Vegas and life couldn't get better for the two of us! I LOVE to cook and create my own recipes.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup

Butternut Squash Soup - My first attempt - Success!

  • 1lb butternut squash, cubed
  • 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
  • 2 cans chicken broth
  • 1 yellow onion
  • Carrots
  • Salt & pepper
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut butternut squash down the center and remove seeds. Place on baking sheet and place in oven for 30 mintues or until tender.

Bring broth to a boil. Add yellow squash, carrots, and onion. Let simmer for 30 mins or until tender. Remove butternut squash from oven to cool off. Using a veggie peeler, peel the skin off the squash. Cut into cubes and put into broth.

Strain the veggies. Put veggies in a blender and purée until smooth. Return purée over medium heat. Add nutmeg, salt, pepper, cheese, and cream. Let simmer for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parmesan cheese.




2 comments: