Since I got really excited over my Butternut Squash Soup, I decided I wanted to try some type of carrot soup since carrots were the only thing I had on hand. After skimming different recipes I've came up with this:
- 1lb carrots
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 c heavy cream
- 8 c veggie stock
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- lemon zest
- chives for garnish
Melt butter in pot. Add garlic, onions, ginger, pepper flakes, honey, lemon zest, and salt. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Add stock and cream. Let simmer on medium heat until carrots are soft.
Transfer to blender and puree. Return puree to pot and let simmer. Add more honey if desired. Top with lemon slice and chives for garnish. Serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment